By Alyssa Gregory
Have you ever fallen into a rut that you couldn’t get out of? Whether you’re trying to start a business, grow your business, or just reinvigorate the passion you have for your work, it’s not uncommon to feel the blahs when you’re an entrepreneur.
A lot of this stems from doing too much and not giving yourself time to enjoy what you’re doing. Or, you may be frustrated with where you are in your business, unsure where you’re going, yet desperate to get there. There are a lot of paths that can lead to inaction, which often leads to complacency. The trick is knowing that you need some new inspiration, and taking steps to psych yourself up again.
How to Get Inspired Right Now
Browse this list of ways to get inspired and pick a few to give yourself a jumpstart.
- Doodle, color or do some other hands-on creative activity.
- Create or refine your unique selling proposition (download template here!).
- Watch a movie or mindless TV (reality TV is my guilty pleasure for this one!).
- Go for a walk outside, and actually take time to breathe it in.
- Check out your competition and see what they’re doing that you’re not.
- Load up your favorite playlist and crank up the music.
- Watch your kids play (or fight) for a little while.
- Catch up on unread posts or past email newsletters you’ve saved for later.
- Start an inspiration board.
- Spend some time on goal setting.
- Reflect on everything you’ve accomplished so far.
- Flip through a few magazines.
- Declutter your desk or clean off your computer desktop.
- Have a brain dump to clear your mind (you may be surprised what you uncover!).
- Set a timer and get lost on Facebook or Instagram.
- Meditate or take a nap.
- Do something that makes you sweat.
- Revamp your action plan and break down tasks to build momentum.
- Create a mantra or affirmation to remind you of the “why,” print it out and put it where you can see it everyday.
- Watch the sunrise or sunset.
- Take a class, improve a skill or learn something new.
- Exercise your entrepreneurial muscles.
- Change your workspace for the day.
- Go people watching.
- Browse through the photo gallery on your phone.
- Read a book.
- Start exploring a social network you haven’t used yet.
14 Motivational Quotes to Get You Moving
I included a few of our favorite quotes below. Hopefully, these will help you get past the blahs and back into productivity.
Motivation is extremely important in every kind of work. These quotes are really motivational for me. Thanks for all.